Ranked No.1 in the UK
“Finding the right student development that meets our high standards at API has been challenging, but now we have found something truly special”.
We are proud to present Westgate – Newcastle
Why Invest In Newcastle
Newcastle has one of the biggest demand-to-supply ratios in the UK, with four out of five students looking for purpose-built accommodation. In Newcastle there are two prominent universities, The Russell Group Newcastle University and the region’s largest university Northumbria University attracts over 50,000 students between them due to their internationally renowned reputations.
Among these, 40,000 students do not have access to purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA). With a shortfall on this scale, the potential for investment is very apparent. Savills has very recently elevated Newcastle into its first tier of student property investment opportunities in the UK.
It was one of a few select cities to show any upward movement in this definitive ranking of 50 cities. This means that Savills believes student accommodation in Newcastle is one of the best investments the UK can currently offer. High premiums for high-spec property in less than ten years, international student numbers in Newcastle have increased by 30% and the city now welcomes 9,000 overseas students every year.
The house of multiple occupancy (HMO) stock that is plugging Newcastle’s supply gap is just not appealing to the evolving needs of an increasingly international student base. In fact, Knight Frank identified the city to have the second highest PBSA premium in the whole of the UK, with students more than ready to pay up to 75% more for PBSA than HMOs.
Newcastle Video Presentation
Why Invest In Newcastle
Now is the time not only to invest in the UK Student Accommodation market, but to invest in Newcastle, and take advantage of everything this fantastic city has to offer. Westgate is a luxury development in the heart of Newcastle offering a solid opportunity for capital growth with a guaranteed return.
- Times Higher Education survey and What Uni have ranked Newcastle’s student life among the UK’s best In 2014,
- Guardian/Observer readers named Newcastle a ‘UK top 5 favorite city’ in the publications’ Travel Awards
- Overall satisfaction of international students stands at 90%, while 86% of international students would recommend Newcastle University to friends
- Grey Street in Newcastle city center voted best overall street in the UK by BBC Radio 4
- Multicultural events including the music and art-focused Mela festival
Newcastle Rental Growth
In the last 12 months, Newcastle has seen a 6% rental increase across studio stock and the largest apartments now command an average rate of £185 per week. This shows new investments need to be high end and appealing to a student market that is willing to pay.
However, even the existing properties that are exhibiting this significant rental growth fail to completely align with the demanding needs of the standard vita student room.
1. Spacious entrance with key fob security door
2. High–quality shower and WC room
3. Double bed with base storage. fitted gloss cabinetry, shelves and wardrobes
4. Fitted kitchen with refridgerator, microwave/oven, hob, extractor hood, sink and mixer tap
5. Dining table and study desk combination
6. 32” smart wall mounted TV plus 100Mb wireless broadband
The stylishly designed living areas and carefully
considered external finishes within the new buildings,
have been designed to compliment the rich industrial
architectural style of the area.
All apartments will include fully-fitted kitchens and
bathrooms, flooring, fitted wardrobes for the master
bedroom and high-end finishing touches.
The sophisticated approach taken to design these
apartments all combines together to make Westgate
a destination unrivaled anywhere else in the city.
We have limited stock available. To secure a luxury unit today select the button below.
If you require any further information call and speak to one of our portfolio managers